Are you part of a search and rescue team? We support the valuable work of the many and often voluntary helpers of all search and rescue organizations worldwide by providing Outdooractive Pro service free of charge. Members of SAR teams are equipped with professional maps and navigation tools for their operations in the field.
OUTDOORACTIVE PRO BENEFITS FOR YOU AND YOUR TEAM
- Access maps and routes in the app offline, even in remote areas with poor reception
- Offline navigation with speech output
- BuddyBeacon: Share your live GPS position with your peer group and track your team’s movements on the map
- Detailed outdoor maps with various styles (e.g. summer, winter, and satellite) as well as official trail networks for over 30 activities including hiking, and mountaineering, cycling, mountain biking, equestrian activities and winter sports (backcountry skiing, cross-country skiing, tobogganing, etc.)
- Official topo map data, e.g. France IGN, swisstopo Switzerland and Ordnance Survey Great Britain
- Up-to-date information about POIs including route conditions, dangers, and closures
- Terrain and slope descriptions on the map
- Up-to-date avalanche reports with warning forecasts
- iOS and Android Watch Extension for offline maps, routes, and navigation
- what3words coordinates to communicate locations easily
A real matter of the heart for us!
How to get started
- Easily sign up your team as a search and rescue organization and set up your profile including your official name, contact, address logo etc.
- We confirm your application as an official SAR Team
- You get admin rights and can invite your team members to your group
- Get your team ready with 15 free Pro licences, further licences can be requested
- You get visibility and presence of your search & rescue team on our worldwide platform!
See all the details about maps, features and the sign up process.
Explore the outdoors easily and safely with Outdooractive and what3words
We proudly support
What other teams are saying about us
"The DRK Bergwacht Geislingen - Wiesensteig uses the SAR service of Outdooractive because it provides us with high-quality maps for mission control and gives an overview of the location of our vehicles and task forces at any time through the use of BuddyBeacon."
- Andreas Nuding, Mountain rescue Geislingen / Wiesensteig