On this themed trail, you go on a time hike with the Walsers. The Actionbound, which you can easily install as a free app on your mobile phone (german only), accompanies you on this interactive summer hike.
How it works:
- Download the free "Actionbound" (german only)
- Search in the app for "Walserwanderung" or scan the QR code in the media gallery
- Off you go! The app accompanies you on the hike and tells you exciting facts about the culture of the Walser people.
The Fondei is a high valley in the farthest reaches of Schanfigg at 1700 to 2000 metres above sea level. Today, the untouched nature and traditional Walser houses in this idyllic side valley are impressive. But who were the Walsers and what is the history behind the Walser Trail?
Around 1300, the first Walsers found their way to the Fondei. On this themed trail you go on a journey through time and experience the history of the Walsers in an interactive way. With riddles, texts, voice recordings and impressive pictures, you will learn via the app what all happened on this path many many years ago and what story the postman has to tell you.
Don't forget to enjoy nature alongside the exciting info on the app. The trail is very scenic and promises unique flora and fauna.
Eyes open - in the Fondei, with a bit of luck, you may also see ibexes!
Rest stopsSki- und Berghaus Casanna
Arosa strives to provide hikers with a well-developed and marked network of hiking trails. Please heed the rules and signposting. You will find further helpful tips under the hiking information.
Tips and hints
- Dogs must be kept on a leash
- Please take litter and leftovers from picnics home again
- You will often see game on your hikes. Enjoy the sight of these animals in their familiar surroundings but do not disturb them
- Do not remove trail markings
- Do not use closed paths (live status)
- Do not leave the officially marked hiking trails
Please inform yourself about the open hiking trails and facilities at: arosalenzerheide.swiss/en/Arosa/Summer/Hiking/Hiking-map
Langwies is easily accessible via the winding Arosa road from Arosa or from Chur with a normal car.
Limited parking is available in Langwies.
Book recommendations for this region:
Sturdy shoes, clothing suitable for the weather and something to drink are recommended.
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints