Discover our wine region, the Corbières appellation area, by following five themed routes: the Lake and Sea Route; the Cathar Chateaux Route; the Boutenac cru Route; the Alaric Route and the Narbonne to Lézignan-Corbières Route. Each one of them can be explored in a day, or over several days.
There is no beginning, end or compulsory stopover. Everyone can spend an indulgent moment where and when they like. Just sit back and enjoy. The worst that can happen is that you fall in love with this corner of Southern France, with its singsong accent and wine growers whose authenticity is deeply rooted in their culture.
Along 55 km from Boutenac to Luc-sur-Orbieu, 50 wine growers offer tastings of Boutenac Cru wines, the only village growth within the appellation.
The harmonious landscape even looks like a small Tuscany thanks to the softness of its reliefs, its beautiful undulating vines and its majestic cypress trees.
In an area where vineyards are omnipresent and Carignan is the king of grapes, the iconic wines are ample, deep and distinguished and can be tasted at special moments.
Safety informationEmergency number: 112
Tips and hints
Syndicat Général de l'AOC Corbières
2 bis ch. de l'Allée
Tél: + 33 (0)220.127.116.11.00
ParkingParking spaces are available near the starting point in Lézignan-Corbières.
Please observe the traffic regulations.
Book recommendation by the author
Before you leave:
- Make sure that the bike is in perfect mechanical condition, not to mention the tires and brakes
- Make sure that the bike is correctly adjusted to your body shape
- Wearing a helmet is strongly recommended
- Take a repair kit with you
- Remember that the Highway Traffic Act applies to cyclists in all circumstances
- Never drive more than two lanes at a time and pull into a single lane when traffic conditions require.
- Respect other users as you would like them to respect you
- Choose a route adapted to your physical abilities
- Inform your family and friends of your itinerary
- Find out about the weather conditions
- A first aid kit is not essential, but can be very useful
- Be informed and keep the emergency numbers.
- Respect the environment by not throwing your food packaging on the side of the road
- If you have to return at nightfall, make sure you see and also be seen
- 30 Waypoints
- 30 Waypoints